Lewisham Council wants your views on ideas that have been developed, as they embark on improving the north section of Deptford High Street between Giffin Street and Evelyn Street.
Transport for London (TfL), who is providing funding, is working in partnership the Council to deliver the project. With Project Centre engaged to develop new designs for the section of the High Street between the junction with Evelyn Street and the newly revamped Deptford station.
The Council now wants your views about the ideas.
There will be a drop-in session in the foyer of Deptford Lounge between 3pm and 7.30pm on Wednesday 3 February 2016. Pop by during this session to view the objectives and design principles and to speak to the project consultants, Project Centre, and the Council’s project team.
You can also view the design principles and give your views by completing our online survey.
Your views are needed concerning the following ideas:
- The improvement of footways to make them wider using quality paving materials.
- The removal of unnecessary street furniture to create a clearer pedestrian environment.
- The connection with the proposed crossing improvements at the junction with Evelyn Street to provide a safe, attractive and direct route between the river and the High Street.
- The creation of a pedestrian and cycle friendly environment that caters for the expected increase in people using the street.
- To redesign the street to improve use, access and safety.
- To retain the 30 minute parking provision and provide parking improvements for Blue Badge holders.
- The extension the Restricted Parking Zone (RPZ) along the whole street n Introduce a new taxi rank below the railway bridge to serve the High Street and Deptford Station.
- Improvement lighting under the railway bridge.
The consultation will close on 10 February 2016.